Five spectacular new Sea Ray sport boat models recently made their global premiere at the New York Boat Show (Jan. 6–10, 2016), kicking off an exciting year for the industry’s most awarded brand historically. Sea Ray ushered in a new era in luxury sport boating with the debut of four new models: the 230 SLX, 250 SLX, 280 SLX and 310 SLX. And, Sea Ray’s popular Sundeck line gained a new mem-ber with the addition of the 290 Sundeck Outboard with twin Mercury Verado 225hp engines. With a head-turning display at the Jacob Javits Center, and a special VIP Event on Thursday evening to preview The SLX Experience, Sea Ray pulled out all the stops to celebrate these breakthrough models’ first appearance on the world stage.
“We’re thrilled to introduce four groundbreaking SLX models and give boaters a taste of The SLX Experience, the result of carefully orchestrated excellence,” said Sea Ray President Tim Schiek. “These are truly impressive boats, with a host of cutting-edge features that work in harmony to go above and beyond expectations. And the addition of our new 290 Sundeck Outboard — a seamless marriage of Sea Ray craftsmanship, signature style and premium Mercury Marine outboard power — is further evidence of our commitment to next-level boating.”
The following models premiered at the New York Boat Show:
- 230 SLX: Featuring the Dynamic Display option at the helm, an electronics touchscreen that provides connectivity and control of multiple systems in the boat — navigation, stereo, engine, as well as many vessel functions via digital switching technology — wrapped in a custom Sea Ray graphic user interface.
- 250 SLX: The 250 SLX’s powerful performance comes courtesy of several best-in-class features. MerCruiser’s new 6.2 L V-8 300hp Bravo III engine comes standard, and beautifully modern styling rounds out a boat that is not only thrilling to drive, but also thrilling to look at.
- 280 SLX: The 280 SLX is available with Dynamic Running Surface™, and marks a 17 percent increase in cockpit space over its predecessor, the 270 SLX, providing a total of nearly 65 square feet of room to stretch out, relax and socialize with friends and family.
- 310 SLX: The Power Tower with an articulating bimini system and dual-touchscreen Dynamic Display are both standard features on the 310 SLX, with an available fiber-glass hardtop option. A wet bar with a stainless steel sink and faucet comes standard, and an optional electric grill takes entertaining capabilities up a notch further.
- 290 Sundeck Outboard: Twin Mercury Verado 225hp engines are standard, as is loads of usable space and clever seating solutions, including optional twin aft-facing loungers, an optional refrigerator and grill make the 290 Sundeck Outboard a natural for entertaining and well suited for long days on the water.