Miami is the place to be over the US President’s Day weekend as more than 100,000 boating enthusiasts from around the globe are expected to flock to the Progressive® Insurance Miami International Boat Show®. Recognized as one of the world’s largest and greatest boat shows, 2017 marks the show’s second year at the iconic Miami Marine Stadium Park & Basin, where it will unveil a number of elements, including more boats, more yachts, and a new VIP experience – further solidifying Miami’s position as the boating capital of the world.
The Miami Boat Show will unveil a number of additional show enhancements in 2017—from transportation to food and beverage—while maintaining all the elements that make the Miami Boat Show such a beloved experience for attendees and exhibitors. Highlights and enhancements include:
New for 2017! More Yachts, Larger Yachts and New VIP Experience
With a deep water basin making it the ideal locale for yachts, the show is featuring more than 100 new luxury yachts, including dozens of debuts, making it one of the largest yachting exhibitions in the country. Top yacht manufacturers from around the world exhibiting at the show include: Tiara, Prestige, Carver, Riviera, Beneteau, Sabre, Jupiter, SeaRay, Viking, SV Yachts, Stamas Yachts, Marquis Yachts, Marlow Yachts, Bavaria Yachts, Azimut, and many more.
The new VIP experience will provide exclusive access to a private lounge, located aboard a 111-foot luxury yacht amidst some of the biggest boats and yachts ever displayed at the show. The lounge will offer upscale dining and beverage service, live music daily, an open-air sky deck, private restrooms, complimentary Wi-Fi, luxury product displays and services, and more. Tickets and VIP parking are limited and are available for purchase at www.miamiboatshow.com/attendees/vip-experience.
More Boats to Browse, Board and Buy – In-Water Selection Expands 35 Percent.
Organizers anticipate more than 1,300 new boats on display throughout this year’s show with more new model debuts than ever before. What’s more, the number of boats in-water is expanding 35 percent to an estimated 550 boats and yachts—all located in the show’s state-of-the-art, eco-friendly marina. From sport fishing boats and high performance boats, to personal watercraft and wake sport boats, family cruisers and luxury yachts, there is something for every lifestyle and budget.
More to Taste and Toast at the Miami Boat Show
The 2017 Miami Boat Show encourages attendees to come hungry and thirsty! A highlight of the 2017 show is an enhanced food & beverage program from Great Performances (caterer to the Miami Open and New York City Wine & Food Festival) featuring more than 150 options ranging from luxe to casual fare. Sample the curated “Taste of Miami Boat Show” menu including:
• Burrito Workshop’s – One Hull of a Burrito
• All American Classic’s – Captain’s Farm Fried Egg Burger
• Sushi Maki’s – Surfside Rose Roll
• Puntino Pizza’s – All Aboard Pizza Supreme
• HipPOPs – Chocolate Overboard
More Parking and Transportation Options
Come to the show by land or sea! With the popularity of park-and-ride in 2016 – an estimated 80 percent of attendees parked at designated offsite locations and traveled to the show via shuttle bus or water taxi – the Miami Boat Show has improved its transportation plan with even more efficiency including:
• Water Taxis: The number of water taxis by more than 47 percent in 2017. In addition, the capacity of water taxis is doubling, allowing the show to transfer more than twice the amount of people than in 2016. Water taxi pick-up and drop-off locations will be streamlined from seven to four– American Airlines Arena, the Hyatt in downtown Miami, the W Hotel (formerly Viceroy) in downtown Miami on Brickell, and Bayfront Park (Strictly Sail location) – to meet the high demand for water transportation.
• Shuttle Buses: To meet the demand of show goers looking to get to and from the show quickly and easily, dozens of shuttle buses will circulate at all times from fewer locations than in 2016 to provide a more efficient transportation experience—getting more people to and from the show in less time. There are four departure locations throughout downtown Miami—Marlins Park, American Airlines Arena, the Hyatt in downtown Miami, and Bayfront Park (Strictly Sail location). An expanded shuttle service will also run between the Miami Boat Show and the Yachts Miami Beach show on Collins Avenue. What’s more, there will be new mini buses transporting show goers to and from parking on Virginia Key that will now operate with a direct route to and from the show’s front entrance rather than looping around the entire Rickenbacker Causeway.
• Parking: Abundant parking options with an estimated 10,000 parking spaces, is available for show attendees in downtown Miami with easy access to water taxis and shuttle buses. Downtown lots include Marlins Park and American Airlines Arena. Reserve parking ahead of time at MiamiBoatShow.com.
• Convenient parking on Virginia Key is available and can be reserved and prepaid in advance at MiamiBoatShow.com. Parking on Virginia Key will be designated in four key lots with general parking, exhibitor parking, new VIP & handicapped parking at the Miami Seaquarium, and valet parking near Whiskey Joe’s.
Visit http://www.miamiboatshow.com/public-transportation to view the full list of pick-up and drop-off points to access the show.
More On-Water Experiences
After its success in 2016, the Miami Boat Show will once again offer sea trials, where interested shoppers can take the boat of their dreams for a spin in Miami’s open waters. This year, more boat exhibitors will participate, giving boat buyers a chance to test-drive a number of options. In addition, following last year’s popular sold-out on-water boating skills workshops, the show will offer its Discover Boating Hands-On Skills Training with more daily power boating and sailing courses. Space is limited; advance registration is recommended.
WHERE: Miami Marine Stadium Park & Basin, 3501 Rickenbacker Causeway Miami, FL 33149
WHEN: Show Hours: 10 am – 6 pm every day
COST: Premier Day $40, Adult (age 16+) $25, Two-day pass (Fri–Mon, February 17–20) $45
Five-day pass $100, and 15 & younger FREE. Tickets available at www.miamiboatshow.com
VIP Tickets & Parking: *Limited tickets & parking available for purchase
Premier Day $100 includes Premier Day adult admission & access to VIP Lounge on Pier 9
VIP Experience $85 includes One-day adult admission & access to VIP Lounge on Pier 9
VIP Lounge Pass $70 includes One-day VIP Lounge Access located on Pier 9
Valet Parking $100 (advance rate) and $125.00 (on-site rate) at Whiskey Joe’s
VIP Parking $75 per day, located at Lot C with shuttle bus services to main entrance
Tickets on sale NOW at www.miamiboatshow.com/attendees/vip-experience
Accommodations: Visit http://www.miamiboatshow.com/accomodations now to book rooms at the best rates through the boat show’s official housing partner, OnPeak.
Learn More at: www.MiamiBoatShow.com