Volvo Penta has introduced the most powerful of its next-generation marine gasoline engines at the 2017 Miami International Boat Show.
Offered in 380 and 430 hp models, the new aluminum V8s are based on the highly successful General Motors’ Gen-V block and incorporate a combination of technical features that cannot be matched by any other marine gasoline engines in their horsepower range:
- All-aluminum block for highest power-to-weight ratio
- Direct fuel injection providing better low-end torque and fuel efficiency
- Standard closed-loop fresh-water cooling with no internal parts exposed to raw or salt water
- Wideband oxygen sensors to optimize the engine for varying fuel quality and reduce carbon monoxide emissions by 95 percent
- Variable valve timing to optimize torque across the full acceleration range
The 6.2L engines round out Volvo Penta’s full lineup of Gen-V marine engines, joining the well-received 5.3L V8s and 4.3L V6s.
The new V8 380 has 24 percent quicker acceleration and is 11 percent more fuel efficient than the engine it replaces in the Volvo Penta line. The new V8 430 – the most powerful model in Volvo Penta’s marine gasoline engine lineup – delivers 14 percent faster acceleration and provides 10 percent better fuel economy than its predecessor.
“You’ll feel the difference the instant you open the throttle,” said Ron Huibers, president of Volvo Penta of the Americas. “At virtually any RPM level, the torque is nothing short of amazing.”
“These new-technology engines provide our customers with proven quality, reliability, fuel economy and performance,” added Huibers.
Volvo Penta will showcase the 6.2L model in Booth F272 and on the brand new Regal 26 Fasdeck on Pier 1 at the boat show. Visit our show site at: http://volvopentaboatshow.com/.
Duane Kuck, president of Regal Boats, commented, “Volvo Penta’s 6.2L V8s set a new benchmark when it comes to top speed, acceleration, reliability and serviceability, resulting in a great blend of comfort and performance on the water.”