Nothing beats the clock like stir fry cooking. If you plan on serving this dish with rice, start the rice first. While it’s cooking, cut up the vegetables and make the stir fry.
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- tablespoon peanut or olive oil
- cups carrot, julienned
- 2 cups zucchini, julienned
- 1 pound “uncooked” medium shrimp, peeled, leaving tails intact
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, honey and garlic.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add carrots and zucchini. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly or until vegetables are slightly tender; remove vegetables from wok. Add shrimp.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes or until shrimp just begin to turn pink. Return vegetables to wok, stir in soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and liquid has thickened slightly. Serve with hot cooked jasmine rice, if desired.
Recipe excerpt from My Tiny Alaskan Oven, by La Donna Gundersen
Copyright 2014 by Ole and LaDonna Gundersen